About Brown Harris Stevens
Brown Harris Stevens is a New York institution older than the City itself. In 1873 when Charles S. Brown opened his real estate appraisal business in Lower Manhattan, New York City was still just one borough surrounded by four other places called Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island and Brooklyn, It was not until 1898 that New York annexed the other boroughs, giving shape to the City we know today. Brown was a man with uncanny prescience, recognizing as early as 1873 the role that New York would come to play as the nation's economic and cultural center. From the bucolic New York of the late 19th Century, through the cosmopolitan 20th Century and now the global 21st Century of today, Brown's company, which has since evolved into Brown Harris Stevens, has become known worldwide as the leader in New York City's residential real estate market.
For over 130 years, Brown Harris Stevens remains the leader in sales, rentals, management, appraisals and corporate relocation services at the top end of the New York residential market. Our corporate office at the Brown Harris Stevens Building is also the headquarters of our Commercial Services division. This commercial leasing division provides commercial leasing and sales services including a medical office specialist in New York City through its New York office and its locations in Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island.
As the only full service real estate firm serving both residential and commercial markets in New York City, Brown Harris Stevens is uniquely positioned to meet your needs in one of the world's most challenging real estate environments.